Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Awakening 2012 - Day 15 to 18 Manchester, Jomy's Testimony


The Logic of Love
It is truly amazing to see and above of all experience how God works; in mysterious ways and in particular areas of our lives. During the past few months, I considered my life to be a standstill from where I had little hope of continuing my career with the perfect job which I have always fantasized in my dreams. Our thoughts can be very deceiving at times, but I’m grateful to God that he has intervened through this adoration and set a special meaning to my wait.
As I was sitting prayerfully in the presence of the Lord, the only thing that worried me was my future in this land. I took out my novena to St. Josemaria to “find work”. I was overwhelmed to read out this exciting news he had in store for me: “Let me stress this point: it is in the simplicity of your ordinary work, in the monotonous details of each day, that you have to find the secret, which is hidden from so many, of something great and new: Love.”
Often it had crossed my mind that how my God can still be in love with a wretch like me. How is it that he is filled with so much love and where is the source of it all ? I can say that he has given me a convincing reply this time as I meditated through my YOUCAT. St. Augustine says: “Wherever there is love, there is a Trinity: a lover, a beloved and a fountain of love”. The mystery about this Trinitarian love is reasonable when God’s revelation in Jesus Christ is accepted. If God were alone and solitary, he could not love from all eternity. The traces of this Trinitarian love can be seen in all his creations; the way a mother is in love with her child, the love between a husband and his wife.
I could clearly see that the quest for my work was definitely worldly. It struck me deeply in my thought process when I prayed with St. Josemaria who led me to the wisdom in his prayer: “Help me to understand that what gives value to any honest work is the love with which I do it: love for God, in the first place, to whom I can offer up my work; and love for my neighbour, whom I wish to serve and be useful to”.  This understanding was crucial to me and gave me a great sense of responsibility towards my brothers and sisters.
In fact, it all simply sums up to an idea that we can all understand but often we take it lightly: “God is Love” – 1 John 4:8. Many a times my mind would be flooded with unholy thoughts that would affect my relationship with my Father. I would try to imagine of all the shortcomings in my life and ponder over it. But after a pause a simple thought flashes through and brings a smile on me “… And then, there is "God” who can satisfy all the desires of my heart if I continue to be delighted in Him.
I have much to write but I am ending by greeting all of you the best time with the Lord and with a quote from our Holy Father which I believe can be truly encountered in the Eucharistic adoration: “To hear God's word requires the cultivation of outward and inward silence, so that His voice can resound within our hearts and shape our lives.”
Peace of Christ.

Jomy George Abraham 

No comments:

Post a Comment